Evidence that tobacco smoking increases risk of depression and schizophrenia 6 November 2019 A new study published today [Wednesday 6 November] in Psychological Medicine and led by University of Bristol researchers has found that tobacco smoking may increase your risk of developing depression and schizophrenia.
- University tower tours raises £38,000 for Bristol Children’s Hospital Charity 8 November 2019 Tours of one of Bristols tallest and most iconic buildings have raised a fantastic 38,000 towards caring for sick babies and children in the city.
- University of Bristol pledges its support for ex-service veterans 8 November 2019 Armed forces veterans will be offered free legal support thanks to an innovative new scheme from the University of Bristol as part of its commitment to those in the military and their families.
- SETsquared ranked top global university business incubator for third time 7 November 2019 A national university business incubator, with offices in Bristols Engine Shed, has been named as the best in the world for the third time for its outstanding contribution to developing the next generation of UK tech entrepreneurs.
- Technology to offer visitors ‘immersive’ National Trust experience 7 November 2019 How can the sights and sounds of history be brought alive for modern visitors to National Trust properties? Cutting edge technology could provide an answer, so the conservation charity will work with University experts to create new multi-sensory experiences at some of its places in the South West and Wales.
- Banks and other financial services urged to help reduce gambling-related harm 7 November 2019 During Responsible Gambling Week [7 to 13 November], financial services organisations are being called upon to take part in a new programme which looks at how best to help people who are struggling with gambling problems.
- Evidence that tobacco smoking increases risk of depression and schizophrenia 6 November 2019 A new study published today [Wednesday 6 November] in Psychological Medicine and led by University of Bristol researchers has found that tobacco smoking may increase your risk of developing depression and schizophrenia.
- University of Bristol wins significant funding for three new National Nuclear User Facilities 5 November 2019 The University of Bristol has been awarded around 10 million funding for three National Nuclear User Facility bids covering robotics, microscopy and materials research.
- Free vaccines for dog and cat owners in Lawrence Weston 5 November 2019 A free vaccination programme for dogs and cats has been organised by a student-led organisation from the Bristol Veterinary School. The Bristol Paws Project, which aims to help owners and pets that may not otherwise be able to afford veterinary treatments, organised a free vaccination drive last month, and the second set of vaccines will be administered tomorrow [Wednesday 6 November].
- New cyber security guide is the first to gather global expertise 5 November 2019 Some of the worlds leading experts in cyber security have pooled their academic and industry insights to produce an authoritative guide that could help organisations to future proof their resources. The guide, the first of its kind, will also help expand the capabilities of those who will be at the forefront of tackling the challenges of an increasingly connected world.
- Animations in Amazonia 4 November 2019 A Social Anthropologist from the University of Bristol has been working with the Matses, an indigenous people who live in a very remote area of the Amazon rainforest, to create a series of animated films that aim to raise awareness of their culture and the challenges they face in the 21st century.