Winchester Cathedral’s mortuary chests unlocked 16 May 2019 A team of archaeologists and anthropologists from the University of Bristol have been gradually unlocking the secrets hidden within Winchester Cathedrals mortuary chests as part of an on-going research project supported by the Dean and Chapter of Winchester Cathedral.
- Expert judgement provides better understanding of the effect of melting ice sheets 20 May 2019 Melting ice sheets in Greenland and the Antarctic, and subsequent sea level rise (SLR) this will cause, is widely recognised as posing a significant threat to coastal communities and ecosystems.
- Study using activity monitors to track cats' activity levels 20 May 2019 Does your cat live indoors? Researchers from the University of Bristol Vet School want to hear from indoor cat owners for a new study looking at cats' mobility levels using cat activity monitors.
- New book explores 15 centuries of Welsh literature 20 May 2019 The biggest history of Welsh literature, exploring 15 centuries of Welsh writing, is published this week.
- Bristol science companies at Unit DX raise over £20 million 20 May 2019 The University of Bristol and science incubator Unit DX last week celebrated the second anniversary of its partnership and announced over 20 million raised by Unit DX members.
- Test yourself against real surgeons in a giant game of Operation 20 May 2019 Surgeons from the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Bristol Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) will be challenging passers-by to a giant game of Operation in Clifton Down Shopping Centre, Whiteladies Road, today [Monday 20 May] from 9am-4pm to mark International Clinical Trials Day.
- Statement following the inquest of Natasha Abrahart 16 May 2019 Natashas death is a tragedy that has affected everyone at the University but in particular the staff and students who knew and worked with her in the School of Physics.
- Bristol's 5G technology gives aspiring musicians chance to play live with Jamie Cullum 16 May 2019 The University of Bristols Smart Internet Lab is behind a landmark musical event that will see amateur musicians rehearse and perform live with platinum-selling artist, Jamie Cullum, from different venues across the UK at the same time.
- New research reveals what was on the menu for medieval peasants 16 May 2019 Scientists from the University of Bristol have uncovered, for the first time, definitive evidence that determines what types of food medieval peasants ate and how they managed their animals.
- Winchester Cathedral’s mortuary chests unlocked 16 May 2019 A team of archaeologists and anthropologists from the University of Bristol have been gradually unlocking the secrets hidden within Winchester Cathedrals mortuary chests as part of an on-going research project supported by the Dean and Chapter of Winchester Cathedral.
- Cooling baby treatment one of ‘Nation’s Lifesavers’ 16 May 2019 A University of Bristol researcher who discovered that cooling babies who have suffered a lack of oxygen at birth improves their survival without brain damage in later childhood, is named by Universities UK as one of the Nations Lifesavers.