News and features
New student mental health podcast features Ru Paul star on first episode 29 March 2021 A new mental health podcast for students features real life stories, insightful guests and practical advice from experts.
- Prince Philip dies, aged 99 9 April 2021 Professor Hugh Brady, Vice-Chancellor and President, paid tribute to the late Prince Philip today.
- Covid vaccines: passports, blood clots and changing trust in government 9 April 2021 Four in 10 people think those without a Covid-19 vaccination will be discriminated against, while around a quarter of the public have concerns about vaccine passports, according to a new study. The research, by the University of Bristol and Kings College London, also finds that three in 10 people say the vaccine rollout has increased their trust in the UK government, and that before the latest news about the AstraZeneca vaccine, a majority did not believe it causes blood clots.
- University of Bristol sets out next steps for Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus developments 8 April 2021 The Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus is an anchor investment in one of the UKs largest regeneration schemes and fundamental to the long-term future of the University of Bristol.
- 800-year-old medieval pottery fragments reveal Jewish dietary practices 7 April 2021 A team of scientists, led by the University of Bristol, with archaeologists from Oxford Archaeology, have found the first evidence of a religious diet locked inside pottery fragments excavated from the early medieval Jewish community of Oxford.
- University of Bristol announces £7.6 million partnership with EDF to improve design and performance of nuclear power plants 2 April 2021 The University of Bristol will join forces with EDF, The University of Manchester, Imperial College London and the Science and Technology Facilities Council to develop new ways to assess the condition of nuclear power stations.
- Alistair Williams, 1959-2020 31 March 2021 Alistair Williams, Research Fellow in the Bristol Medical School, died last autumn. His colleagues in the Diabetes and Metabolism team offer a remembrance.
- New research shows risk of COVID-19 from aerosols to healthcare workers 30 March 2021 New research challenges the guidance that special aerosol precautions are only needed when using oxygen therapies for COVID-19 patients, and raises concerns about safety of staff and patients on hospital wards, if they are not protected from infectious aerosols.
- Bristol gets top marks in transport sustainability rankings 30 March 2021 The University of Bristol has been ranked as one of the best UK universities for sustainable transport.
- Critical acclaim for Bristol academic’s debut novel about power relations and arranged marriage 29 March 2021 Armed with insights from more than 10 years of academic field work exploring womens issues in her birthplace Liberia, University of Bristol academic, Dr Peace Adzo Medie, turned her hand to writing fiction.
- New student mental health podcast features Ru Paul star on first episode 29 March 2021 A new mental health podcast for students features real life stories, insightful guests and practical advice from experts.