Childhood behaviour linked to taking paracetamol during pregnancy 16 September 2019 A new study by the University of Bristol adds to evidence that links potential adverse effects of taking paracetamol during pregnancy.
- Bristol jumps up four places in Good University Guide 2020 20 September 2019 The University of Bristol has jumped up four places to 15th out of 134 UK universities in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 [published Sunday 22 September].
- Veterinary surgeons awarded ‘impact award’ for changing antimicrobial use in veterinary practice 20 September 2019 Veterinary researchers from the universities of Bristol and Surrey have been awarded a prestigious award by the Veterinary Record, the official journal of the British Veterinary Association (BVA), for their contribution to changing antimicrobial use in veterinary practice.
- Bristol’s University Enterprise Zone gets £1.5m boost for biotech 20 September 2019 Research England has awarded 1.5m to the University of Bristol towards developing a new state-of-the-art life sciences incubator with Unit DX, as part of its University Enterprise Zone [UEZ] programme.
- Coastal communities highly threatened by rising sea-levels, even with climate change mitigation 19 September 2019 An international group of scientists have urgently called on world leaders to accelerate efforts to tackle climate change. Almost every aspect of the planets environment and ecology is undergoing changes as a result of climate change, some of which are profound if not catastrophic for the future. Rising sea-levels is one of the biggest threats.
- International recognition for mental health researcher 18 September 2019 A researcher from the University of Bristol Medical School has received a prestigious international award in recognition of her outstanding research into suicide prevention in low- and middle-income countries.
- New research identifies a climate signature in rivers globally 16 September 2019 A new study, led by scientists from the University of Bristol and published in the journal Nature, discovers a clear climatic signature on rivers globally that challenges existing theories.
- Childhood behaviour linked to taking paracetamol during pregnancy 16 September 2019 A new study by the University of Bristol adds to evidence that links potential adverse effects of taking paracetamol during pregnancy.
- World university rankings puts Bristol in UK top 10 12 September 2019 The University of Bristol is 10th in the country and one of only 11 UK institutions to feature in the top 100 universities worldwide, according to the latest Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings.
- University welcomes announcement of two-year visa for international graduates 11 September 2019 The University of Bristol has welcomed the announcement that a new post-study work visa would allow international students to work in the UK for two years after graduation.
- Calcium channel blockers may be effective in treating memory loss associated with Alzheimer's 11 September 2019 Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common cause of dementia but the changes in brain cell function underlying memory loss remains poorly understood. Researchers at the University of Bristol have identified that calcium channel blockers may be effective in treating memory loss.